Awards & Scholarships
The Horizon Central Athletics Association was formed in the 2006-07 school year. The history of award winners that follows also includes individuals from HCAA schools who were recipients while part of a different District.
SHSAA Sportsmanship Award Winners (since inception)
HCAA Recognition Award Recipients 2023
HCAA Recognition Awards (Past Recipients)
SHSAA Service Award Recipient 2023
SHSAA Merit/Service/Outstanding Coach/Outstanding Official Awards (Past Recipients)
SHSAA Outstanding Coaches Official Award Recipients 2022
Kent Lessmeister Memorial Scholarship Recipients 2023
Kent Lessmeister Scholarship Criteria
and one female, but this is not exclusive.
1. be graduating from an HCAA Member school in the current year.
2. have competed in HCAA athletics during his/her grade eleven and grade twelve years.
3. have an average of at least 70% in subject areas required for minimum entrance requirements for his/her intended area of study.
4. have exhibited strng leadership and sportsmanship qualities as well as being a positive role model in his/her school and/or community.
5. be enrolled in first year studies for the following fall in one of the following programs in a Saskatchewan post-secondary institution:
- College of Kinesiology (U of S)
- 1st year of Kinesiology at St. Peter’s College is eligible
- Combined Kinesiology/Education program (U of S)
- Faculty of Education with a major or minor in Physical Education (U of R)
- Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies (U of R)
- Therapeutic Recreation program (Saskatchewan Polytechnic)
Email your written application to HCAA President Curtis Strueby [email protected]
- A letter, including:
a. The applicant’s contact information
b. The name of the school the applicant attended in Grades 11 and 12.
c. Details from the applicant outlining his/her contribution to HCAA athletics, including his/her athletic accomplishments and/or contributions within the community.
d. A personal statement from the student explaining his/her philosophy of physical education and activity (no longer than 250 words)
- A letter of nomination from a teacher/coach which highlights the qualities and achievements of the applicant.
- A transcript (unofficial is acceptable) of the applicant's marks. A Confirmation of Enrolment will suffice in order to release the scholarship money to each successful applicant.