situations where employees are required to attend meetings or
professional development sessions, participants are strongly encouraged
to carpool wherever and whenever possible. Clauses in existing
agreements will take precedent over this expectation.
1. When employees are required to use their personal vehicle to travel, a per kilometre rate will be paid as compensation.
2. When carpooling options are available, a per kilometre rate will be paid as follows:
- 1 person - $0.2639/km
- 2 or more people - $0.5078/km
3. When carpooling is not practicable, a per kilometre rate will be paid at $0.5078/km.
4. When possible, the list of those attending an event will be circulated to facilitate carpooling.
5. Participants will submit their claim on either an AF 519 - Personal PD Claim Form - Revised April 2022.pdf, or an AF 519 - Expense Claim - Division Requested - Revised April 2022.pdf to the Director (or designate) requesting attendance.
A per kilometre rate will be paid from the closer of the employee’s
primary work location or home location, unless an alternate route is
chosen to facilitate carpooling.Reference: Section 109, Education ActCollective AgreementsMarch 25, 2011
Revised January 20, 2016
April 22, 2022