The Principal is responsible for ensuring that noon period
supervision is provided for students. Each school principal shall develop a
supervision schedule based on the total number of noon period supervision
cycles required each year. Staff will have the opportunity to earn Earned
Days Off (EDOs), to a maximum of three (3) days per school year. Teaching staff
will have the first opportunity to be included in the supervision cycle. In schools where there are fewer than ten
(10) teachers and/or there is a demonstrated need, support staff will have the
opportunity to be included in the supervision cycle. Procedures
1. In consultation with teaching staff, the principal
shall establish a student per supervisor ratio in accordance with the needs of
2. All teachers are required to complete AF 442 - Noon Hour
Supervision Form no later than the first day of the school year calendar.
2.1. All teaching staff hired throughout the school year will
complete AF 442 prior to their start date.
3. Where it is determined that support staff are needed to
provide noon period supervision, they must declare no later than the first day
of the school year by completing AF 442.
4. Staff members who commit to provide noon period
supervision are assigned for the full school year.
5. The noon period supervision schedule will be created prior
to the first student day of the school year and may be subject to change based
on the needs of the school as determined by the Principal in consultation with
teaching staff at the school.
6. The principal will submit the school supervision schedule to
the Deputy Director of Education (or designate) prior to September 15,
annually, and ten (10) days following any subsequent changes throughout the
school year. Reference: LINC AgreementCUPE AgreementHorizon
Support Staff Association AgreementMay 9, 2013
Revised October 3, 2019