Skip to main content
Horizon School Division
Creating a better world, one student at a time.
Reports and Statistics
Wall of Fame
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
"From the Board"
Forms for Board Members
Literacy & Numeracy
Safe & Caring Schools
Curriculum & Instruction
Human Resource Services
Awards and Recognition
Communication Centre - Collective Bargaining
Administrative Procedures & Forms
School Community Councils
SGF Portal Login Page
SCC Annual Meeting & Elections
SCC Functions, Powers & Constitution
Student Recognition Award
Learning Improvement Plans
Horizon School Division Return to Sport Protocol
Track & Field
Non-Faculty Coach Application
HCAA Results Archive
CDAA (Legacy District)
Horizon Learning Practice Tool
MySchoolSask (Aspen) Student Information System
Library Resource Centre
Bring Your Own Device
Google for Education
AP 432 - Acting Principal
When the Principal and Vice-principal(s) (in schools where a Vice-Principal exists) are absent from the school, a principal-designate shall act in their place. This individual will be referred to as an "Acting Principal".
1. Each school will have two teachers on the approved Acting Principal List, in order of who is first in charge and who is second in charge.
2. Principals must submit, for approval, the names of the Acting Principals to the Director (or designate) by September 1st of each school year.
3. Names of Acting Principals are to be submitted by clicking on the following link:
ACTING PRINCIPAL SUBMISSION
4. The Director of Education (or designate) has the sole authority to approve an "Acting Principal" in the school and will inform the principal of the acceptance or rejection of nominees.
5. There will be an approved "Acting Principal" list maintained each school year.
6. Director (or designate) approval of an "Acting Principal" is required prior to their performance of duties.
7. Any changes required to a schools Acting Principals are to be submitted at the following link.
CHANGES TO ACTING PRINCIPALS
8. Acting Principals shall be compensated as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement for principal's allowances.
Reference: Sections 85, 87, 109, 175, Education Act
Collective Bargaining Agreement
March 21, 2011
Revised September 9, 2014
Revised August 18, 2015