Skip to main content
Horizon School Division
Creating a better world, one student at a time.
Reports and Statistics
Wall of Fame
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
"From the Board"
Forms for Board Members
Safe & Caring Schools
Curriculum & Instruction
Human Resource Services
Awards and Recognition
Administrative Procedures & Forms
School Community Councils
SGF Portal Login Page
SCC Annual Meeting & Elections
SCC Functions, Powers & Constitution
Student Recognition Award
School Reporter Program
Learning Improvement Plans
Maplewood / Student Information System
Library Resource Centre
Bring Your Own Device
AP 431 - Student Services Staff - Performance Evaluation (Psychologists, Councelors, SLPs, SLPAs, OT)
Job performance evaluation is a key element in the Division’s accountability to its community and students, as well as vitally important to the personal growth and development of all staff in the Division.
Performance evaluation is viewed as a positive process through which individuals may learn about areas of strength and understand areas in which they need to focus their efforts toward improvement.
1. Student Services professionals will participate in a performance evaluation in year 1 and year 2 of their employment in Horizon School Division, and then every fourth year thereafter. This may also occur at the request of either the employee or employer.
2. The Superintendent of Learning, or his/her designate, will review the appropriate Performance Evaluation Form in August with each member of the Student Learning team. At this time, annual individual professional goals should also be set. In the event that a specific conflict of interest exists between the Superintendent of Learning and any of the members of the Student Learning team that he/she is responsible for supervising, the performance evaluation shall be conducted by the Superintendent of Human Resources.
3. The principal of each school in which the supervisee works will participate in the job performance evaluation of the Student Learning team member.
4. In the case of SLPAs, supervising SLPs will be asked to complete a Performance Evaluation form.
5. In the case of Coordinators, Area Superintendents will be asked to complete a Performance Evaluation form.
6. The Coordinator(s) of Student Services will also participate in the job performance evaluation of the Student Services team member.
7. In January, it is recommended that the Coordinator of Student Services and the Student Services staff member review the goals set for the current school year.
8. In April, the Superintendent of Learning will ask the Coordinator(s) of Student Services and all principals of schools served by supervisee to complete the electronic Performance Evaluation document. The Superintendent of Student Learning will compile the Performance Evaluation data and share it with the Student Services team member prior to May 30th.
Reference: Sections 85, 87, 109, 175, 231, Education Act
August 1, 2012