Graduation from high school is one of the significant milestones in a person’s educational program. As such, Horizon School Division supports the planning and conducting of graduation ceremonies.Procedures
Students are eligible to participate in school-based graduation ceremonies provided the following criteria are met:
1. The student will have completed or be eligible to complete the required 24 credit criteria as established by the Ministry of Education.
2. The student is in regular attendance and is considered a registered student of the school at the time of the graduation ceremony.
3. The student meets other criteria established by the school and the School Community Council for graduation privileges.
4. The principal has informed the Superintendent of Student Services of any requests requiring the need for exceptional status.
5. The student has been granted exceptional status by the Director, or designate.Reference: Section 85, 87, 108, 109, 175, Education Act
April 4, 2011
Revised: October 13, 2017