Horizon School Division has established the Wall of Fame
Award to honour graduates of the schools within the Division, including schools
within the division boundaries that existed prior to amalgamation. Wall of Fame
nominees must be grade 12 graduates who have outstanding achievement in their
chosen field of work, area of interest, or have had a significant impact on society.
1. Anyone may nominate an individual whom they feel is
deserving of this award. Nominations must be made by completing and submitting the
online application form. Deadline for nominations is January 31 of each year. Click Here
2. A Wall of Fame Committee will be established which may consist
of: Three members of the Board of Education, Director of Education, or
designate, Communications Officer and Executive Assistant.
3. All nominations that are received will be reviewed by the
Wall of Fame committee and winners will be notified of their receipt of this
award on or before March 31, of each year.
4. Nominations that
are received, but not selected as award winners may be considered in subsequent
5. Wall of Fame inductees will receive a plaque; a picture
and write up of each winner will be displayed at the Division Office, at the school
where the inductee spent the majority of their elementary school career, as
well as the school in which they graduated from.
6. Costs for travel, meals and accommodations for the
inductee and one guest will be covered by the Horizon School Division Board of
7. Inductees to the Horizon School Division Wall of Fame
will be asked to speak at the annual Horizon School Division Celebration. July 31, 2014