Please see the attached poster for
the First Annual Saskatchewan School Community Council Conference. Please pass
this information to anyone on your SCC board whom may be interested in
1. Representative members are parents/caregivers or community members. There are 5-9
representative members, a majority of whom must be parents/caregivers.
Representative members will be elected for a 2 year term at an annual
meeting. There is no restriction on the number of consecutive terms. Half
of the members will be elected each year.
2. Permanent members are the school's principal and one teacher. They are non-voting
3. Appointed Members. Schools that offer Grade 10, 11 and 12 courses also have the
opportunity to have one or two students appointed to Council. They are
appointed for a one year term and will be voting members. The Council can
recommend to the Board of Education that it appoint other members from the
community for a one year term.
1. Come to a Community Information
Meeting at your school.
2. Accept a nomination for a Council position. If there are less than 9 nominees, you will be acclaimed for a 1-2 year term. If there
are more than nine nominees, an election will be held.